JoAnne's blood pressures were stabilized during the night and they have her on powerful antibiotics. She was moved out of ICU about 3 PM. That is a good sign. She is still running a fever and does have an infection that has been identified. There was concern about her kidney function after the bout with low pressures, but her numbers have been recovering so the doctor is optimistic in that regard. Her condition is unsettling as she is mostly out, and comes to for only brief periods. She is not the JoJo we are used to. She is sedated for rest and hopefully she will be a little more spry tomorrow.
Upon return to the Unit, she was given a different room that is closer to the nurse's station. Her bed is also near the windows. Given her current condition, she doesn't seem all that concerned about the view.
Today I had to move her possessions to the new room. An observation if I may. JoAnne and I have been talking about the process of simplifying our lives for the last few years. You know, reducing the clutter and stuff that unproductively consumes so much of our time, energy and money. After moving, I think it is safe to say that we may have a ways to go. Lewis & Clark headed west with less paraphernalia than she brought to the hospital. How did she sneak all this stuff in? I detect a conspiracy and it shouldn't be too hard to find her co-conspirators :-)
The nurse told me that it is wise to have few possessions as they are havens for dust and bacteria. Changing rooms also happens more than once so moving is easier. There it is. Straight from the horse's mouth. Maybe I can pull off a garage sale in the hallway before JoJo comes to. We've only been there 12 days and we are already de-cluttering :-)
I will be back as events dictate and time allows. Keep the faith and please pray with all your heart.
Cancer Sucks
Praying with all my heart and so is Aunt Betty. You know she has a direct line! With everything she is going through she is asking about JoAnne and praying hard.
ReplyDeleteHang in there Kevin and kids. She must need this rest. Beauty sleep!
Carolyn D
Cancer still sucks.
So glad to hear that the infection is being successfully dealt with and that JoAnne is out of ICU. As hard as it must be on you and the family, being sedated is a good thing, allowing JoAnne to rest and heal. Try not to worry and keep the faith. Love and prayers to you all.
ReplyDeleteDenise
PS- Cancer REALLY sucks