Friday, August 31, 2012

Please Stand By

Greetings one and all. I am behind on updating and didn't realize it's been 3 weeks since my last post. That's no way to run a successful blog. Those who continue to check in of your own accord are much appreciated. I am finding it easy to devote my time to tasks other than the blog. I suppose there is some subconscious desire to avoid closing the book on JoJo. There isn't much progress on the thank you notes either. A wedding ring still encircles my finger and JoJo is residing in a modest memorial setting on the buffet in our living room. 

On balance, life is good. I was prepared for considerably more agony than has occurred. Let's attribute that to JoJo preparing me well for this eventuality. She left me and I hope you, with many good memories and they tend to quickly push aside any sadness that intrudes.

As many of you know, JoAnne was a member of City Church in SW Minneapolis. She found it through friends several years ago and made it her church home. She loved CC and found it be a refuge from her health challenges. It was started 7 years ago and is a daughter church of Wooddale in Eden Prairie. It is a vibrant faith home but continued growth has been tempered as they have not had a church to call home. Their ministry has been conducted to date in the theater and classrooms of a neighborhood middle school. A perfect opportunity to buy a church presented itself about 18 months ago and preliminary discussions were very positive. Quickly however, other potential buyers came into play. Long story short, which I might add does no justice to the efforts that many have put forth, others slowly fell by the wayside. Out of nowhere and quickly, City Church's purchase agreement and loan application were approved yesterday. It is a great day for all who consider themselves a part of City Church and it's mission to Love God, Love Others.
City Church's new home to be
Those of you who were able to attend JoAnne's funeral/memorial and experience the influence of Pastor John Sommerville and Dayton Dodge, easily recognize why JoAnne found peace and joy at CC. JoAnne would be ecstatic about this exciting development as are we. I can't help but think that one of her first orders of business upon arriving at Heaven's Gate was to get the ear of the Almighty and put in a good word for City Church. JoAnne was a soft and kind personality, but she also had a way of making her point.         

My plans are to pull together the videos, audio and pics and create a few posts that chronicle the memorial service and reception. Then I will try to post a wrap on this life experience. The blog will undergo some remodeling and continue as an outlet for my writing and sharing of thoughts and experiences. Thanks for your patience. How many times have I said that in the past months?

And the Beast goes on.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kevin,

    Great to read your post. We continue to pray for you and your family.

    Kerry (& Mark)

    ReplyDelete